6/2/13

PRIME - Day 5

PRIME Day 5

Read Exodus 9 & 10

In Exodus 9 and 10 we find Pharaoh continuing to be consumed with stubbornness and pride. I'm sure everyone who reads these chapter says, "I would never be like Pharaoh" or "I would have listened by the second time." I find myself thinking and saying the very same things while reading. However, I find myself in Pharaoh's situation sometimes. Does The Lord send locusts and boils into my life? No. But he does allow other unwanted situations to occur.
 I finally stopped judging the Pharaoh for his actions, and really thought about what I could learn from his situations. He decided to get a really strong grip and endure the roller coaster ride he was on instead of trusting God and believing in Him. He thought he could just hold on tight until the ride was over and then go right back to his regular routine. How many times have you done this? I know I have several times. I think to myself, "oh I've got this. I can make it through this one little rough patch on my own."

The problem with this thought process is that you are not seeking God. No matter how big or small the situation, God wants us to call on Him and seek Him. If we begin going through situations alone, we may end up like the Pharaoh with our situations getting worse and worse. All the time God will be wanting us to just believe He can handle any of our situations.
 I encourage you to take every situation to God. Don't simply say, "oh it's just blood, or frogs, or gnats; this isn't so bad. I can do this one on my own." You never want to get farther from God. Chances are you have a really good friend that you talk to about things in your life, no matter how big or small. The same thing needs to happen in your relationship with God. Never try to make it through on your own. Call on God and you will encounter strength in your situation that you never could've had on your own.
Remember Psalms 121:1-3 says our help comes from the Lord!! Take comfort in knowing we never have to do it on our own!

- Brittany

No comments:

Post a Comment