6/1/13

PRIME - Day 4

PRIME Day 4

Read Exodus 7 & 8

After reading these two chapters, we see the Pharaoh's stubbornness against the Lord. Moses and Aaron are sent by God to demand that the Pharaoh allow the Israelites to leave Egypt and  they must perform various miracles to prove that God is real and serious. These miracles include turning a staff into a snake (ew), turning the Nile River into blood, sending frogs, gnats, and flies! In my own personal life, the first miracle would have been enough to prove that these two men were indeed sent by God, but the Pharaoh wasn't so easily convinced. This made me think...

How often do we question God's sovereignty and authority with a "prove-it" attitude?

Many times I find myself questioning God's plan, as if He doesn't have my best interest in mind. Surely Egypt's Pharaoh was angry and frustrated that God (through Moses and Aaron) would demand he let the Israelites go, it seemed like the perfect plan to have them as slaves to do all of the work. How many times have you been resistant to God's plan because it doesn't make sense? 

The whole time I was reading these two chapters I was thinking, "seriously, the Pharaoh is an idiot." Then I caught myself, I am guilty of the same thing! When God throws me a curve ball that I wasn't expecting I tend to go with the flow with a less than enthusiastic attitude to say the least. It's not my job to question God's plan, it's my job to trust His heart. Even when things don't make sense or happen like I think they should, I need to remind myself that "...God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them." (Romans 8:28)


-Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment