6/14/13

PRIME- Day 17

  

14 The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.” - Exodus 33:14


Exodus 33 & 34

Wow! The Lord sent down some pretty harsh words to the Israelites. The Lord said that they were so hard headed that he couldn't stand to be with them during the journey. It's crazy to think that someone could be that hard headed. I know there have been many times in my life that I have been hard headed and stubborn. I thought my way was the best way and I didn't care what others thought. Over the years, I've realized that my way isn't always best. Listening to others and taking advice from people who love and care about you has the potential to help you. Wilson Mizner said "To profit from good advice requires more wisdom than to give it."
To profit from good advice requires more wisdom than to give it. - See more at: http://www.lorensworld.com/life-work/taking-advice-from-others-quotes-to-remember/#sthash.lPGj2Fmw.dpuf
To profit from good advice requires more wisdom than to give it. - See more at: http://www.lorensworld.com/life-work/taking-advice-from-others-quotes-to-remember/#sthash.lPGj2Fmw.dpuf

Humility
In Exodus 33:13, Moses prayed to God asking him to reveal his ways to him. Moses had a intimate knowledge of God...yet he prays "please show me your ways." If Moses realized he hadn't arrived, it probably means we haven't either. Throughout history and the bible, the best leaders are life-long learners. As we continue to learn, we must pray with humility that God will guide us only as he can. Some of the best spiritual leaders lead out of the overflow of what God is teaching them. Make sure that your cup is overflowing onto others lives each day.


Vision
Exodus 34:6 says that the Lord passed right in front of Moses. Yes, it was obvious that Moses knew it was the Lord but how many times has he done things in front of us but yet we don't see it? Maybe it is because it isn't the answer we are looking for or what we want. We pray "God I need you to help me in this certain area of my life. Show me your plan." It sounds great but there is only one problem. Many times, we aren't that concerned with "his" plan. We worry more about "our" plan and what we want for our lives. Make sure that no matter what God is trying to do that we are open to his plan. Let us not be so narrow minded that we don't see what God is doing in our lives.


Prayer
Today, ask God to teach us humility. When we humble ourselves, God is able to use our talents, our testimony and our treasure for him. Our prayer should be just like Moses "please show me your ways." Also, no matter what we are praying for in our lives, make sure that we are looking for what he trying to show us. Not necessarily what we want for our lives but what he wants for us. His will rather than ours be done.



                                                                                                                               -Trey







No comments:

Post a Comment