12/2/10

New Fuse. New You.

So I'm sure that all of you were completely shocked to find out what our big change was, we are no longer Salt and Light. We are FUSE!

We have been working hard to get ready for the big change, and it finally happened. We changed the identity of our student ministry at Rock Springs Church. Which makes me think of the bigger picture.

Let me explain...

The word identity is defined as: "the fact of being who or what a person or thing is". Let's think about this...who or what a person is. Who am I? Who are you? Who does God want me to be? When we think about identity, I think about Christ and who I am because He is in me. The bible says in 1 John 4:4 "But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won a victory over those people, because the Spirit who lives in you is greater than the spirit who lives in the world."

So let me ask you a few questions, Is the spirit that is greater than the world in you? Is your identity in Christ? Do people know without asking you if you are a Christian? Are there some things that are in your life that keep people from seeing God's work in your life?

Anytime change happens, there is friction. Is it time for you to change? Is your identity in the world, or in Christ?

We all need to take a look at ourselves and our lives sometimes and make changes to make sure that we find our identity in Christ. Not other things like boyfriends, girlfriends, sports, school, popularity, hobbies or anything that we let consume our lives other that God. So let's take a long hard look, and let our identity be in Christ.

-Amy, FUSE Team

P.S: Tell me what you think about this topic by leaving a comment! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment